Teacher ICT & Software Engineering
Among our students are the ethical hackers of the future or precisely the software engineer who is going to surprise the world with a groundbreaking application. What about you? You are not a standard lecturer. We prefer the lecturer who is a coach and a colleague for our students.
What do we offer you?
- A dynamic workplace and team in which atmosphere and trust are paramount;
- The freedom to organise the education you provide, based on your practical experience, among other things;
- Excellent development and training opportunities for yourself;
- Solid and attractive terms of employment;
- A connection with the interesting business life in and outside Brainport that puts you at the forefront of your profession;
- Working in a practice-oriented work and learning environment, together with colleagues who are just as fond of ICT challenges as you are!
- Don't have any experience with teaching yet? No problem. We will help you with the necessary support and certification
Fontys has excellent development opportunities for employees. Just like our students, we take 'Growth through attention and challenge' as our starting point. We challenge employees to develop their talents. Fontys has very good (secondary) employment conditions, such as a wide range of career and development opportunities, an extensive range of activities for a healthy and active lifestyle ('Fontys Fit'), a year-end bonus and a number of group insurances. In addition, Fontys has a flexible working hours and leave scheme.
Becoming a lecturer at FHICT means
At FHICT, you are not in front of the class. You are in the classroom. You work with groups of students in practice rooms such as our open innovation labs where the distinction between colleagues and students becomes blurred.
Your role? Inspire, stimulate and enthuse. We are not doing it alone, but we are looking for connection and cooperation. Together with our partners, we dare to pioneer. Together we look for opportunities. And we can do that if we bring out the best in ourselves and others. If we focus on inclusiveness and talent. We apply what we learn together. In projects that matter. Of course you have the necessary knowledge of programming and software engineering methods and techniques. But you don't just give them away. You make the connection between innovation and your qualities. Your skills, competences and experience have brought you to the point in your career where you want to shape the future of ICT yourself. At FHICT you make use of that past and focus on the future. At New Gen ICT. Are you in?
You are an inspired ICT professional who would like to share his enthusiasm. In addition to being good at, and enthusiastic about your profession, you are open-minded and interested in what concerns the students. You communicate clearly and unambiguously with students and fellow lecturers, in English and a basic knowledge of Dutch is prefered.
We also expect you to have:
- Master level, but at least a higher professional education diploma and affinity with higher professional education;
- Minimum of 6 years of (recent) relevant experience in the ICT profession;
- Knowledge of and experience with topics such as enterprise software, microservices, messaging, scalable architecture, DevOps, security, cloud services, AVG and GDPR. More specifically, we are looking for colleagues who have knowledge of and experience with Docker and Kubernetes, and with software development in Java or .NET core.
Working at Fontys School of ICT
FHICT believes in a good mix of education, research and practice. We strive to be a knowledge institution where there is cooperation between these three areas. In June 2018, the Dutch-Flemish Accreditation Organisation (NVAO) declared FHICT's bachelor's degree in HBO-ICT and Associate degree in ICT Service Management to be the only HBO-ICT programme in the Netherlands to be excellent. We are proud of that position!
"Fontys University of Applied Sciences ICT brings out the best in people and society". That is the mission of our university of applied sciences. We are enterprising, internationally oriented and strive for the highest quality. Our more than 4,000 students are trained in every conceivable role within today's ICT work field and determine their own graduation direction based on their interests, passion and talent.
Will you build NEW GEN ICT with us?
Then apply quickly! If you have any questions, please contact Karlijn van den Akker and/or Margot Smits, HR 08850 75216 or 08850 71716. You can also send them your application.
Visit our social media and get inspired! Our Youtube channel and our digital portfolio, among others, give a good impression of the atmosphere and the projects and events realised at our University of Applied Sciences.
FHICT is a dynamic and growing university of applied sciences and that is why we are currently looking for several experienced ICT professionals to fill the various teaching vacancies within our University of Applied Sciences.